Is that Dwayne the Brock Johnson?
"Too often we see female characters pitted against each other for jobs or for men. While the ladies on Brooklyn Nine-Nine are certainly competitive, they do not tear each other down or view each other as rivals. [They] are all wildly different characters, but they come together to support each other as friends and colleagues." (x)
- Cafuné (Portuguese): the act of tenderly running one’s fingers through someone’s hair.
- Toska (Russian): a dull ache of the soul, a longing with nothing to long for.
- Mamihlapinatapai (Yagan): the wordless, yet meaningful look shared by two people who both desire to initiate something but are both reluctant to start.
- Litost (Czech): a state of agony and torment created by the sudden sight of one’s own misery.
Botellón (Spanish): a gathering in which youths meet in a street or a public area in order to consume alcohol.
- Schadenfreude (German): the feeling of pleasure derived by seeing another’s misfortune.
- Wabi-Sabi (Japanese): a way of living that focuses on finding beauty within the imperfections of life and accepting peacefully the natural cycle of growth and decay.
- Ya’aburnee (Arabic): a declaration of one’s hope that they’ll die before another person because of how difficult it would be to live without them.
Torschlusspanik (German): the fear of diminishing opportunities as one ages.
- Ilunga (Tshiluba): a person who is ready to forgive and forget any first abuse, tolerate it the second time, but never forgive nor tolerate on the third offense.
- Shemomedjamo (Georgian): to continue eating food even though you’re already full, just because you like the taste of the food so much.
Saudade (Portuguese): refers to the feeling of longing for something or someone that you love and which is lost.
- Waldeinsamkeit (German): the feeling of being alone in the woods
- Forelsket (Norwegian): the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love
- Naz (Urdu): the pride, the assurance that arises from knowing you are loved. From knowing that no matter what you do, you will always be loved.
Photo by Antonio Nuñez Lemos
Y U DO DIS